MAUI POLITICAL TRACKER
Maui County Council -- Elle Cochran
Council Member Overview
Ph : (808) 270-5504
Fax: (808) 270-5505
Help build a transparent democracy!
The Local Political Tracker is a community resource for informing ourselves and each other, and reclaiming the democratic process. Political Tracker volunteers contribute to this page by entering information into the form below. Posts will appear in the post listing at the bottom of the page. Democracy depends on an active and informed citizenry!
Council Committee positions
- Infrastructure & Environmental Management Committee (Chair)
- Water Resources Committee (Vice-Chair)
- Budget and Finance Committee
- Land Use Committee
- Parks, Recreation, Energy, and Legal Affairs Committee
- Planning Committee
- Policy, Economic Development, and Agriculture Committee
- Housing, Human Services, and Transportation Committee (non-voting)
goals and priorities
National Association of Counties
- Member – Agriculture and Rural Affairs Steering Committee (2013-2014)
- Member – Environment, Energy and Land Use Steering Committee (2011-2012)
National Ocean Council’s Governance Coordinating Committee (member)
- See Oct. 15, 2015 press release: Cochran selected to serve on White House oceans committee
- 11/2/2016: Legislative proposal relating amending the comprehensive zoning ordinance to establish affordable accessory dwellings as a permitted use in certain zoning districts (PC-28)
- 5/5/2016: Resolution proposing an amendment to the county charter, to designate planning commission seats for leaders of Hawaiian cultural and environmental groups
- 5/5/2016: Resolution proposing an amendment to the county charter, to require at least two members of the Board or Ethics to be members of the Hawaii State Bar Association.
- RESOLUTION URGING THE STATE LEGISLATURE TO PROHIBIT THE SALE AND TRADE OF IVORY AND RHINOCEROS HORN IN HAWAII
- A BILL FOR AN ORDINANCE TO REQUIRE BABY DIAPER-CHANGING
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR CERTAIN NEW ESTABLISHMENTS AND USES
- Ordinance 413.342 – A BILL FOR AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE MAUI TRAFFIC CODE TO ALLOW SIGNS POSTERS AND OTHER NONTRANSPARENT MATERIALS ON VEHICLE WINDOWS
- Task force report: POLYSTYRENE DISPOSABLE FOOD SERVICE CONTAINERS
TRACKER DATA ENTRY FORM (for registered Tracker volunteers)
To post information to the Political Tracker one needs to first complete the volunteer registration process:
- Register and log in to the Evolution-Local website.
- Read and agree to the Political Tracker Volunteer Ethics Agreement
- Complete and submit the Political Tracker Volunteer Form.
- Wait for email notification that your Volunteer status has been activated.
POLITICAL TRACKER POSTS
Listed below are local Political Tracker posts -- notes collected and entered by community volunteers. Clicking on the purple post title will open the post in a separate window. Any registered site user may comment on a Tracker post, or discuss it further by starting or contributing to a discussion topic in the Community Forum. Background information on key issues can be found in the Local Issues section of the website.