MAUI POLITICAL TRACKER
Maui County Council -- Planning Committee
Committee Roles and Duties
Planning Committee duties include reviewing and considering:
- Processing procedures for the General Plan and community plans.
- Revisions to and updates of the General Plan and community plans that are not specific to a project, including the Countywide Policy Plan, Maui Island Plan, and community plans.
- Infrastructure impact fees based on long-range plans.
- Implementation of the digital mapping project including review and adoption of digital land use maps by ordinance.
- Operations of the Department of Planning, including the operational oversight of any grants it administers.
Committee Meeting Schedule
Planning Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 9:00 am on the Thursday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
Links to agendas and videos from select Committee meetings can be accessed here, and the 2017 calendar can be accessed here.
Info on how to testify (in written or oral form) is located here. Also included is advice on how to provide effective testimony.
You can receive automated text or email notifications of upcoming meetings by registering on the County website here.
Committee Members and Contact Info
Kelly T King, Chair, Yuki Lei K. Sugimura, Vice-Chair Elle Cochran, Stacy Crivello, Don S. Guzman, Riki Hokama, Mike White
Alika Atay, Robert Carroll
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686
Links to Committee Documents
Agendas, Minutes, & Other Documents:
View available agendas, minutes, committee reports, list of matters, and items of interest for the Planning Committee.
Links to agendas and videos from select Committee meetings can be accessed here.
Subscribe To Notifications:
Planning Committee Agenda and Meeting Notices
TRACKER DATA ENTRY FORM (for registered Tracker volunteers)
To post information to the Political Tracker one needs to first complete the volunteer registration process:
- Register and log in to the Evolution-Local website.
- Read and agree to the Political Tracker Volunteer Ethics Agreement
- Complete and submit the Political Tracker Volunteer Form.
- Wait for email notification that your Volunteer status has been activated.
PLANNING COMMITTEE TRACKER POSTS
Listed below are local Political Tracker posts -- notes collected and entered by community volunteers. Clicking on the purple post title will open the post in a separate window. Any registered site user may comment on a Tracker post, or discuss it further by starting or contributing to a discussion topic in the Community Forum. Background information on key issues can be found in the Local Issues section of the website.
Test Post for Planning Committee
Who would like to help monitor the Planning Committee?